AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
ALL GOODS ARE SOLD "AS IS" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. IF YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN ABOUT THE CONDITION OF A PARTICULAR LOT, DO NOT BID.
BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT & SHIPPING POLICIES:
Cash, Check and Wire Transfer LiveAuctioneers buyers will be invoiced via email, and payment must be made within five (5) days upon receipt of invoice. Leighton reserves the right to hold property until checks clear.
MasterCard, Visa and PayPal limited to $2000 per auction. For invoices over that amount, full payment will be expected in the form of cash, check or wire transfer.
Wire Transfer Only for INTERNATIONAL BUYERS.
*Please be aware that shipping large & bulky items, and shipping items internationally, is very expensive. You should seek shipping quotes prior to bidding. ALL SHIPPING AND RELATED COSTS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER. By bidding, you agree to adhere to the following Shipping & Handling procedures:
FOR SMALL ITEMS: The UPS Store removes all small purchased items from the auction hall to their facility in Ridgewood. They will release/ship property once payment has been made in full to us, and funds clear. If you choose to pick up your items from the UPS STORE, you will be charged a $15 per lot handling fee from UPS. THE UPS STORE is located at 38 E. Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, NJ 07450, contact Tina Palacio or Diane Paventa, phone 201-612-8119, fax 201-612-7449, email firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR FURNITURE, LARGE ITEMS & MAJOR WORKS OF ART: Furniture and other large or fragile items (that cannot be handled by The UPS Store) will be transported from the auction hall to our warehouse in Upper Saddle River, NJ. There will be a $30 handling fee per lot for this service. Shippers and/or movers can pick up your items at our warehouse after payment has been received, and funds clear.
It is the responsibility of the successful buyer to make contact with their shipper of choice, or our suggested shipper:
Craters & Freighters, 544 Lincoln Blvd., Middlesex, NJ 08846, phone 732-563-9200 or toll free 866-272-8365, fax 732-563-2221, email email@example.com
For local or regional deliveries contact Bill Chambers at 201-819-4479 or Simon Lubrano at 201-675-9581.
BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. ALL GOODS ARE SOLD "AS IS" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Although some condition reports are included in this catalog, they do not document every condition defect that may be present. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to inspect the goods and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer, nor the consignor, is responsible for the accuracy of any printed or verbal descriptions. All gold, silver, diamonds and gemstones are guaranteed. All weights and measurements are approximate.
2. A buyer's premium of 20% is added to the purchase price of every item sold via LiveAuctioneers. For non-internet buyers, a buyer's premium of 19% is added to the purchase price of every item sold, discounted to 17% if paid by cash or check. The purchaser must also pay a 7% New Jersey sales tax on the total purchase price, including premium. A State of New Jersey or out of state exemption certificate must be completed and be on file to be exempt from paying sales tax.
3. Any item damaged during the pre-auction preview must be paid for immediately, with the fair market price being determined by LEIGHTON.
4. The auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of the lot, and items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
5. Not withstanding the preceding condition (#1), if within five business days of the sale of any lot, the purchaser notifies LEIGHTON that the lot so sold is a counterfeit and satisfies LEIGHTON with proof within ten business days of such notice, LEIGHTON will rescind the sale and the purchase price will be refunded. This condition is subject to the lot being returned to LEIGHTON in the same condition as when sold.
6. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the auctioneer and the record of sale kept by the auction house are the sole and final remedy.
7. The purchaser agrees and understands that all purchases must be removed from the sale premises, by the purchaser or their agent (including absentee bidders), on the day of the sale, or 9AM the following day, unless arrangements have been made and agreed to in advance.
8. LEIGHTON reserves the right to advertise the selling price (with photo) of any lot.
Generally, the auctioneer follows the bidding increments as detailed below.
From To Increment
$10. $100. $10.
100. 500. 25.
500. 1,000. 50.
1,000. 5,000. 100.
5,000.+ Auctioneers discretion