BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ALL GOODS ARE SOLD "AS IS" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Condition reports are not included in this catalog. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to inspect the goods and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer, nor the consignor, is responsible for the accuracy of any printed or verbal descriptions. All gold, silver, diamonds and gemstones are guaranteed. All weights and measurements are approximate.
2. A buyer's premium of 19% is added to the purchase price of every item sold. LEIGHTON discounts this buyer's premium by 2% to 17% only if payment is made COMPLETELY in the form of CASH OR CHECK. Any split payments involving a credit card eliminates the 2% discount. The purchaser must also pay the 7% New Jersey sales tax on the total purchase price, including premium. A State of New Jersey or out of state exemption certificate must be completed and be on file to be exempt from paying sales tax.
3. Any item damaged during the pre-auction preview must be paid for immediately, with the fair market price being determined by LEIGHTON.
4. The auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of the lot.
5. Items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
6. Some lots may be offered subject to a reserve. This is a minimum price below which a lot will not sell.
7. Not withstanding the preceding condition (#1), if within five business days of the sale of any lot, the purchaser notifies LEIGHTON that the lot so sold is a counterfeit and satisfies LEIGHTON with proof within ten business days of such notice, LEIGHTON will rescind the sale and the purchase price will be refunded. This condition is subject to the lot being returned to LEIGHTON in the same condition as when sold.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer is the purchaser. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the auctioneer is the sole and final remedy.
9. The record of sale kept by the auction house will be taken as final in the event of any dispute.
10. The purchaser assumes complete responsibility for items at announcement of the word "sold".
11. As a convenience to clients who can not attend a sale, LEIGHTON accepts and executes absentee bids on their behalf (minimum bid $150). Absentee bids are accepted on most items offered for sale, excluding large furniture lots and others as deemed by the auctioneer to be excluded.
12. The purchaser agrees and understands that all purchases must be removed from the sale premises, by the purchaser or their agent (including absentee bidders), on the day of the sale unless arrangements have been made and agreed to in advance with the auctioneer.
13. Payment is due at the end of each sale in the form of cash, check, Mastercard or VISA. LEIGHTON reserves the right to hold property until checks clear. Potential buyers of expensive lots are encouraged to discuss payment before the sale. A $25 fee will be charged for returned checks. If a check fails to clear after the second deposit, the purchaser will be held responsible for any and all fees incurred until we have collected good funds. Bad checks or non payment of purchases will be prosecuted by LEIGHTON to the fullest extent permissible by law, and the names of the offenders will be announced to the public and to other auction firms.
14. LEIGHTON reserves the right to advertise the selling price (with photo) of any lot.
15. I understand that bidding on any item indicates my acceptance of these terms and conditions.