IF YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN ABOUT THE CONDITION OF A PARTICULAR LOT, DO NOT BID.
BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. ALL GOODS ARE SOLD "AS IS" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Although some condition reports are included in this catalog, they do not document every condition defect that may be present. It is the responsibility of prospective bidders to inspect the goods and decide their level of interest. Neither the auctioneer, nor the consignor, is responsible for the accuracy of any printed or verbal descriptions. All gold, silver, diamonds and gemstones are guaranteed. All weights and measurements are approximate.
Cash, Check, MasterCard & Visa. Credit Card payments are limited to $2000 per auction. For invoices over that amount, full payment will be expected in the form of cash or check. Leighton reserves the right to hold property until checks clear.
3. BUYER'S PREMIUM & SALES TAX:
Except for property purchased through Live Auctioneers, a buyer's premium of 19% will be added to the purchase price of every item sold, discounted to 17% if paid by cash or check. Unless a tax-exempt certificate is completed and on file with us, the purchaser must also pay a 7% New Jersey sales tax on the total purchase price, including premium.
Pick-up is available at our Allendale gallery on the Friday and Monday following the auction from 10AM-4PM. For items not picked up by Monday 4PM, the UPS Store will transport all small purchased items from the Allendale gallery to their facility in Ridgewood. They will release/ship property once payment has been made in full to us, and funds clear. If you choose to pick up your items from the UPS STORE, you will be charged a $15 per lot handling fee from UPS. THE UPS STORE is located at 38 E. Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, NJ 07450, contact Tina Palacio or Diane Paventa @ 201-612-8119.
Furniture and other large or fragile items (that cannot be handled by The UPS Store) will remain at our Allendale location and begin to accrue a storage fee of $5 per item per day from LEIGHTON (beginning 7 days following the auction). Shippers and/or movers can pick up your items at our warehouse after payment has been received, and funds clear. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.
For local or regional deliveries contact Simon Lubrano at 201-675-9581 or Bill Chambers at 201-819-4479.
5. Any item damaged during the pre-auction preview must be paid for immediately, with the fair market price being determined by LEIGHTON.
6. The auctioneer may reject any bid not commensurate with the value of the lot. A discretionary reserve of fifty percent of the low estimate will apply to most lots. Items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
7. Not withstanding the preceding condition (#1), if within five business days of the sale of any lot, the purchaser notifies LEIGHTON that the lot so sold is a counterfeit and satisfies LEIGHTON with proof within ten business days of such notice, LEIGHTON will rescind the sale and the purchase price will be refunded. This condition is subject to the lot being returned to LEIGHTON in the same condition as when sold.
8. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the auctioneer and the record of sale kept by the auction house are the sole and final remedy.
9. LEIGHTON reserves the right to advertise the selling price (with photo) of any lot.