LIVEAUCTIONEERS BIDDERS ARE DIRECTED TO SCROLL TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND TO CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THE SPECIAL SHIPPING/DELIVERY METHODS AND PROCEDURES THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ADHERE TO IF YOU ARE THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER.
BY BIDDING, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. ALL GOODS ARE SOLD "AS IS" and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. IF YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN ABOUT THE CONDITION OF A PARTICULAR PIECE, DO NOT BID.
2. A buyer's premium of 20% is added to the purchase price of every item sold via LiveAuctioneers. For non-internet buyers, a buyer's premium of 19% is added to the purchase price of every item sold, discounted to 17% if paid by cash or check. Also 7% New Jersey sales tax including premium will be added where applicable.
3. Any item damaged during the pre-auction preview must be paid for immediately, with the fair market price being determined by LEIGHTON.
4. The auctioneer may reject any bid or raise not commensurate with the value of the lot, and items may be withdrawn at any time prior to the offering of each lot.
5. Not withstanding the preceding condition (#1), if within five business days of the sale of any lot, the purchaser notifies LEIGHTON that the lot so sold is a counterfeit and satisfies LEIGHTON with proof within ten business days of such notice, LEIGHTON will rescind the sale and the purchase price will be refunded. This condition is subject to the lot being returned to LEIGHTON in the same condition as when sold.
6. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the auctioneer and the record of sale kept by the auction house are the sole and final remedy.
7. The purchaser agrees and understands that all purchases must be removed from the sale premises, by the purchaser or their agent (including absentee bidders), on the day of the sale, or 11AM the following day, unless arrangements have been made and agreed to in advance.
8. SHIPPING/DELIVERY - ALL SHIPPING AND RELATED COSTS ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER:
FOR SMALL ITEMS: The UPS Store removes all small purchased items from the auction hall to their facility in Ridgewood. They will release/ship property once payment has been made in full to us, and funds clear. If you choose to pick up your items from the UPS STORE, you will be charged a $15 per lot handling fee from UPS. THE UPS STORE is located at 38 E. Ridgewood Ave., Ridgewood, NJ 07450, contact Tina Palacio or Diane Paventa, phone 201-612-8119, fax 201-612-7449, email email@example.com
FOR FURNITURE, LARGE ITEMS & MAJOR WORKS OF ART: Furniture and other large or fragile items (that cannot be handled by The UPS Store) will be transported from the auction hall to our warehouse in Upper Saddle River, NJ. There will be a $30 handling fee per lot for this service. Shippers and/or movers can pick up your items at our warehouse after payment has been received, and funds clear.
We highly recommend that potential bidders obtain shipping estimates, especially when bidding internationally. Craters & Freighters of New Jersey (see below) has access to our catalog and will be able to provide you with an estimate for shipping by giving them the lot numbers you are interested in / or have successfully purchased.
It is the responsibility of the successful buyer to make contact with their shipper of choice, or our RECOMMENDED shipper: Craters & Freighters, 544 Lincoln Blvd., Middlesex, NJ 08846, contact Sal Saladino, phone 732-563-9200 or toll free 866-272-8365, fax 732-563-2221, email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Payment is due at the end of each sale in the form of cash, check, PayPal, MasterCard or VISA. LiveAuctioneers buyers will be invoiced via email, and payment must be made within five (5) days of the receipt of the invoice. LEIGHTON reserves the right to hold property until checks clear.
10. LEIGHTON reserves the right to advertise the selling price (with photo) of any lot.